i wish i could say “?????????” in real life it would be very useful
What I’m really terrified of is leading an average, ordinary life with a regular job and an invariable routine, planned holidays, an average household, fixed responsibilities and not doing anything different to be remembered by.
Faith and Fault | Dean & Castiel
one of the best destiel videos i’ve seen.
PUT DOWN WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND WATCH THIS
I have a bit of an obsession with the 1950s and all those actors from Montgomery Clift to James Dean and Anthony Perkins. Just that whole era of Tennessee Williams to Elia Kazan. The whole idea of New York and the whole thing becomes kind of romantic in your head.
#captain america: the first avenger#a movie where one of the men in the tragic bromance is fridged for the emtional advancement of the other#and the woman is both compitant and respected even while being the love interest#a movie where bucky barnes is the damsel in distress not peggy carter#a movie where the main character’s most important trait is his goodness of spirit#let me tell you how much i love this movie via
A Pythagorean cup looks like a normal drinking cup, except that the bowl has a central column in it. It was supposedly invented by Pythagoras of Samos (yes, that one). It allows the user to fill the cup with wine up to a certain level. If the user fills only to that level, the imbiber may enjoy a drink in peace. If, however, the user gets greedy, the cup dumps all the wine into the unfortunate victim’s lap.
Pythagoras sounds like a real asshole.
You didn’t pick that up in high school?
A Song of Ice and Fire women & Pre-Raphaelite Art (+ associated artists):
- Joan of Arc (1865), John Everett Millais
- Night (1880-85), Edward Robert Hughes
- Ophelia (1894), John William Waterhouse
- Vanity (1907), Frank Cadogan Cowper
- Mary Magdalene (1858-60), Frederick Sandys
- The Soul of the Rose (1908), John William Waterhouse
- Circe Offering the Cup to Ulysses (1891), John William Waterhouse
- Priestess of Delphi (1891), John Collier
- The Beloved (1865), Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Valykrie’s Vigil (1906), Edward Robert Hughes